Communicator • Creator • Life-long Learner
Entertainment | Toronto, Canada Area, CA
Forward thinking creator and manager with a pulse on emerging issues in the cultural sector; credited with the development, implementation and evaluation of numerous community-based and high profile projects and programs across the province and across business sectors. Focused on developing business and technology solutions, and applying them to augment, improve, and transform organizations.
Inclusive and accountable leader experienced in effectively managing budgets with proven experience in project management, writing/editing/copywriting, a training specialist, participatory research, communications, negotiation, and capacity building.
Project management skills include managing task assignments, task performance, supervising employees, status reporting, managing clients & stakeholders, and assuring high-quality of project deliverables. Excellent time management, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
Specialties: Creative and design execution (web, video, audio, visual and publishing design); branding and identity; and, documentation (writing, blogging, video recording and photography); proven project management and business process skills.
2013 - Present
Editorial Contributor / Toronto Film Scene
The Toronto Film Scene is Toronto's only online film magazine. www.thetfs.ca
- Generate article features, specialized blog ideas, and exclusive interviews
- Contribute film reviews, participate in film festival coverage
- Produce monthly column content
- Assist in the growth of social media footprint and readership
- Help leverage content into increased site traffic
Airport Supervisor, Guest Relations / Toronto International Film Festival
- Staff supervisor of a crew of volunteer captains, volunteers, as the first-face of TIFF ensuring visiting actors and directors are escorted to their pre-arranged transportation discreetly
- Responsible for tracking changes in travel, coordinating and executing ground-travel for directors, actors and executives from the airport, to hotel and festival events for the Toronto International Film Festival, the leading public film festival in the world, screening more than 300 films from 60+ countries every September
Guest Relations / Hot Docs
- Responsible for coordinating and executing ground-travel for directors, producers, VIPs and subjects of documentaries, jury members and media acquisition/procurement executives from airport to hotel, to theatres, to Industry Centre and/or special events while in Toronto participating in North America's largest documentary film festival.
Airport Supervisor, Guest Relations / Toronto International Film Festival
- Staff supervisor of a crew of volunteer captains, volunteers, as the first-face of TIFF ensuring visiting actors and directors are escorted to their pre-arranged transportation discreetly.
- Responsible for tracking changes in travel, coordinating and executing ground-travel for directors, actors and executives from the airport, to hotel and festival events for the Toronto International Film Festival, the leading public film festival in the world, screening more than 300 films from 60+ countries every September.
Guest Relations / Hot Docs
- Responsible for coordinating and executing ground-travel for directors, producers, special guests and subjects of documentaries (David Steinberg, Richard Dawkins), jury members and media acquisition/procurement executives from airport to hotel, to theatres, to Industry Centre and/or special events while in Toronto participating in North America's largest documentary film festival.
Sales Administrator, Leadership and Business Solutions / Global Knowledge Training
- Responsible for high-level administrative support to Executive Leadership and Business Solutions Vice President (worldwide) of corporate training, skills development and learning products and consultation services: managed expenses, travel planning, managing calendar, contracts and completing special projects
- Supported VPs direct reports, national Client Solutions Directors (SMEs) on sales and marketing opportunities
- Collaborated with VP and LBS Client Solution directors to create marketing and sales collateral, PowerPoints and brochures. Mining opportunities for sales proposals, award submissions and conference speaker opportunities for VP, while managing competing priorities and delivering under pressure
- Oversaw and tracked marketing materials as program manager for the internal-national printing/publishing online catalog, for internal-national SharePoint site, and for the internal-global ftp networks
- Streamlined monthly project reporting for project managers by improving process initiatives, administratively, by enabling consultants to self-report external contractor’s deliverable effort-levels. And developed the process, and rolled out the protocols to all PMs and contractors in a Quick Reference Guide.
- As Project Management Reporting Administrator produced monthly cost-reports, and gathered data for future revenue forecast reporting.
- Team Lead in fulfillment for innovative experiential training with large-retailer worth over $150K in revenue: deployed nationally to 2,100 students in both French and English
Training Centre Coordinator / Global Knowledge Canada
- In collaboration with the office manager, organize, maintain and operate a corporate training center and provide a wide variety of career information and materials; communicate with students, faculty, and community representatives concerning career planning
- Provide high-level customer service and efficient administrative support to head office staff, sales associates, instructors and students
- Provide career and college entrance information and assistance to students and teachers; coordinate day-to-day operations and schedule activities, programs and speakers.
- Deliver career education and instructional materials for use by teachers and students; assist students in locating and using college/career information as needed.
- Prepare and deliver informational presentation as requested; orient students to Career Center resources and services.
- Maintain a current inventory of Career Center equipment and materials; assist in determining purchase priorities.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including audio/visual equipment.
Design and Resources Development Consultant / Central Neighbourhood House
- Graphic design, website content management
- Designed marketing collateral for multiple community, and organizational initiatives
- Developed funding and resource opportunities
- Developed and implemented new processes to consolidate and track donations and gifts in 2007 fiscal
- Implemented new practices to distribute tax receipts for agency's patrons
Program Assistant, The Festival of Literacies / University of Toronto
- Responsible for event management for the learning and research workshops series, managed all operational oversight, all design editing and copywriting, and was the chair on a steering committee of literacy practitioners to develop and pilot diversity and anti-oppression guidelines for literacy practitioners in Ontario
- Carried out course administration for a professor in the Department of Adult Education at OISE/UT
Promotion and Outreach Coordinator / Literacies Journal
- Creating and executing new revue through fundraising initiatives, submitting proposals to funders and granting organizations
- Contributor to the development and expansion of the magazine's marketing strategy: strategically executed publication launches and marketing events at conferences
- Profitably expanded the number of advertisers in each issues; increased circulation by growing network in the industry and academic fields
Industry Series, Community Outreach consultant / ReelWorld Film Festival
- Contributed to managing daily operations in assistance to the Executive Director
- Guided marketing operations, Press Launch, fundraising VIP initiatives and contributed in building industry panel discussions, securing industry experts panelist and VIPs
- Key Contributor to Festival Scheduling Programming in the process to secure film selections and assist programmers
- Primary negotiator and festival contact between Festival and various industry stakeholders (filmmakers, producers, distributors, sales agent & various key figures in international cinema)
- Contributed to fundraising and sponsorship initiatives in collaboration Development Projects coordinator
- In partnership with Onsite Director managed event operations
Children's Series Coordinator / ReelWorld Film Festival
- Team lead and operational manager of series: developed critical path; coordinated all technical and logistical elements to execute a 1day event, involving a 4 workshops; managed all technical requirements, responsible for weekly progress reporting to staff as program leader; event logistics/scoping; and, supervised volunteers.
- Managed print traffic in program series ;
- Strong budgeting; was able through negotiating with partnering schools to reduce costs-budget in half
- Produced primary marketing materials for Children's Series, and media-spokesperson for ATN (Asian Television Network) spot
Production Assistant, for Book Television: the channel / CHUM Television
- Delievered editorially researched materials for broadcast segments; designed graphics for producers
- Staged and recorded broadcast footage with professional equipment (Sony BetaCam)
- Managed and maintained library systems for multiple broadcasted shows
- Researched and copy-edited type and content for broadcast scripts
Special Events / Marketing Representative / Shoppers Drug Mart
- Responsible for in-field event management and marketing activities that supported the development and growth of the 'Life' brand executed to enhance the Shoppers Drug Mart's private label brand strategy and build customer loyalty and strengthen community relations
- Responsibilities included supervising staff, managing site-collateral, developing program schedules and interacting with customers during in-field events.
Maternity Distribution Representative, Marketing & Publicity / Todays Parent Group Direct
- Managed the distribution of local in-hospital 'sampling' program for new mother in various Greater Toronto Area hospitals
- Awarded a Branch Distinction for exceeding marketing research performance